Intermittent fasting has become a huge craze recently but is it right for you? This episode of Higher Health presents great insight into our personal experience with the approach. Bottom line is fasting works, but before setting out on using it for yourself make sure you do your research.
- Understanding reasons why you should or should not try fasting is very important
- Are you sleeping enough? How are your stress levels? Do you have a tendency to binge?
- A good eating time frame to start with is 10hours of eating with 14hours of fasting a day. Optimal would be 8hours of eating with 16 of fasting
- Onnit academy shares a great guide for beginners on intermittent fasting here
- Strategically eating higher fat meals or a total ketosis approach could amplify the effects of intermittent fasting by priming the body to burn fat for fuel while in a fasting state
- The human species has evolved through famine and fasting is something that our bodies can absolutely handle
- Fasting can be used as a daily approach or added as a once or twice occurrence for longer fasting periods within one week