“If I was going to do it on my own, I already would have done it.”
“No matter what you’re going through, it’s up to you to interpret it how you want.”
Key Takeaway: This week, hear from Tony Stephan, a dietician entrepreneur who has loads of knowledge and determination to match. You’ll hear how he took huge risks when it came to his own business along with some super sound general life advice.
- Everything changed for Tony when one day, his Dad sat him down and told him that his mother had unexpectedly died
- His Dad took him to a weight room and told him that he wanted fitness to be an outlet for him and his grief, instead of drugs or alcohol or anything destructive
- Growing up his had this scarcity environment and a lot of things against him
- He thought education would allow him to help more people; instead, what he realized what that more education only brought on more debt. He had tons of education but no clients.
- Things changed for him when he was personally mentored for his business. His mentor told him it was his duty and mission to use his mother’s situation to help people.
- His large investment for his mentor made him show up and not even let failure be an option.
- 14:45 – 15;45 I’m a big believer that success leaves clues.
- People that pay, pay attention
- 17:00 – I challenge my mindset everyday.
- One way he challenged his mindset was to start doing things outside his comfort zone that he normally would never do.
- Challenge your mindset with money.
- You are a Badass at Making Money – book suggestion
- All trauma to the brain is the same; it impacts neurology in the same way. It’s up to you to choose to look at it in a positive way.
- The best thing he did for being a coach was his initial work as a personal trainer.
- Coaching is an art and a science.
- Formal education will make you a living, but self-education will make you a fortune.
- It’s what you do after your formal education that really matters.
- As a coach, just because you can give someone 10 things to do doesn’t mean you should. Your brain will go on freak-out overload mode
- “People are afraid to sell themselves.” People are afraid to tell them they’re educated, that they’re worth investing in.
- Money is energy, energy is currency.
- Why are you afraid to sell yourself when you can deliver an amazing outcome to clients?
- Awareness precedes change.
- Sometimes the answer you need the most is the simplest answer.
- Knowledge is only power if you follow up with decisive action.
- Connect with Tony: