“I’ve had to overcome a lot of struggles in my life, and a lot of people would look at me and wouldn’t think that.”
“Either you’re going to be complacent or you’re going to take action.”
“I’ve never been happier in my life because I know that I’m in control of my life.”
“You have to bet on yourself.”
Key Takeaway: This week, we chatter with Justin Murphy about how he was able to escape a dark path and turn it into one of success, motivation, and victory. Hear about his past and how he launched Justin Murphy Nutrition and iCoach Nutrition.
- Hear about his early childhood and teenage years and how a lot of what he did was a way to seek external affirmation
- He got in with the wrong crowd and started going down a scary, dark path
- “I was taking so many drugs that I just lost myself.”
- Hear the story of how Justin ended up in jail
- Justin got out of jail and ended up becoming a personal trainer
- Justin’s light bulb moment – his mentor told him he didn’t want to be a part of a bad-ass team; he wanted to create his own bad-ass team
- Making the decisions to just DO something is the most important step. Even if you get a “no”, that’s still progress. That means you’re at least doing something.
- A lot of us don’t really go after what we want because that’s pretty much all of us have been taught to be safe.
- Most people learn that after school, you work for someone else for 25-40 years and then you retire and that’s the way life goes.
- If you’re not able to go for it and give your passion everything you’ve got, you’re never going to be able to help other people in the same way that you want
- The people in the world who are most successful are the ones who have the best mindset
- You don’t have time for negativity when you’re trying to have a positive mindset. Don’t watch the news or gossip if you’re trying to fill your head with positive things.
- If you have a friend who can’t adequately celebrate your successes with you, then they’re not a real friend
- There’s a huge difference between jealousy and legitimate inspiration. A lot of people aren’t inspired by other people that are doing “better” than them. Instead, they have a negative attitude and are more jealous than anything.
- When you do the inner work, the outer work always follows.
CONNECT WITH JUSTIN: