“Going through pain in and out of the ring…boxing has taught me to get through those moments in life.”
“Everybody is talented and smart. It really comes down to your mindset.”
“I knew that if I didn’t go for it, that pain of regret would always live with me.”
“I want to go to bed at night knowing that I went for it. That I put all the chips on the table.”
Key Takeaway: Hear from professional boxer Mike Lee as he talks about everything from how he got started in boxing to how he defines and implements courage to how he views life and taking risks. Plus, get special insights into his athletic routines, including what he tells himself before every fight.
- Hear about how Mike Lee got into boxing
- Mike Lee talks about the millimeters of change and how that makes the difference between good and great athletes
- Mike first started fighting at 8 years old. Hear about how he grew up fighting and why he loved it so much
- “He was proud I didn’t quit.”
- There were tons of moments where he felt like quitting; but the fact that what he didn’t is what led to his success.
- A lot of people don’t actually listen to themselves. They let all this “noise” from the outside of the world impact their lives.
- “Tomorrow is promised to no one.” – How this idea from his Dad really inspired Mike to live his life and to take chances
- Mike Lee talks about his definition of courage and what it means to truly live in the moment and take advantage of opportunities
- Mike Lee talks about his first professional fight and how he turned his nervous energy into feeling alive and getting inspired
- Mike’s fighting theory – he fights his best fight when he’s loose and he’s having fun (“Have fun baby, have fun.”)
- Even though he’s 21-0 and undefeated in boxing, Mike Lee admits to still having faced defeat in various other areas of his life. Defeat keeps you humble and it teaches you things.
- Mike Lee addresses gratitude, some of his gratitude practices, and how that’s changed his life
- What does Mike think about during his fights that get him inspired
- Your body is an incredible machine; people need to be educated about what’s really good to put in your body
- Mike Lee’s stance on CBD and how it’s helped him
- Hear about the company Mike has launched